ThreeGates today announced that its forthcoming co-op multiplayer online action Role-Playing Game (RPG), Legends of Aethereus has reached the closed beta stage and has already let the first 800 external testers into the game. The game offers fans of hardcore PvP combat the ability to challenge other players in their own arena, while giving Hack-N-Slash Action players fun expeditions to fill their time while they level up their characters for battle.
“We’ve quietly been building Legends of Aethereus with a dedicated team of indie developers on the island of Gotland over the past year,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “After a huge amount of progress over the winter, we’re finally ready to start letting players in to help us test out and refine the features and balance. We really want Legends of Aethereus to be a game for the community and are looking forward to hearing feedback and ideas about the game.”
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor, Astrographer, Officer or Animist and venture into the uncharted wilderness of Aethereus seeking fame, glory and untold riches. Invite your friends to your own customized Nexus city-state where they can buy, trade or build unique items only available in your specific area.
- Challenge your friends to PvP or Co-op combat in your uniquely designed Combat Arena.
- Partake in bold expeditions to capture extraordinary beasts that you can use to populate your Arena.
- Decorate your city-state with statues in the likeness of you or your friend’s characters or the wild beasts of your arena.
- Design and create a variety of arena combat scenarios using your library of beasts, traps and contraptions that will dazzle your friends, amaze the crowd and make your arena one of the sought after combat meeting grounds.
- Embark on a variety of procedurally generated expeditions with your friends discovering new lands and situations to overcome.
- Design and build new gear, weapons and inventions to solve the many challenges that await you in the world of Aethereus.
- Crafting and Materials system allows limitless customization
- Expedition system creates infinite replayability
- Physics-based combat system including traps, set-up weapons and interaction with environmental objects